VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 9th, 2021 – Veritas Pharma Inc. (CSE: VRT; OTC: VRTHF; and Frankfurt: 2VP) (“Veritas” or the “Company”) announces that’s its Annual General and Special Meeting of Shareholders will be held at 3200 – 650 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia on April 6, 2021 at 12:00 noon (Pacific time) for the following purposes:
- To receive the Report of the Directors, including their report on the acquisition of Indigenous Bloom Hemp Corporation;
- to receive the audited consolidated financial statements of the Company for the fiscal year ended April 30, 2020 and the report of the auditors;
- to determine the number of directors and elect directors for the ensuing year;
- to appoint MNP LLP as the auditors of the Company for the ensuing year and to authorize the Directors to fix their remuneration;
- to consider and, if thought advisable, to pass, with or without variation, an ordinary resolution, the full text of which is set forth in the Management Information Circular (“Circular”), approving the acquisition of Indigenous Bloom Hemp Corporation (“Hempco”) by way of its amalgamation with the Company’s wholly owned subsidiary, 12302161 Canada Inc. (“Newco”), and the transactions contemplated in the Business Combination Agreement dated September 4, 2020, among the Company, Hempco and Newco;
- to consider and, if thought advisable, to pass, with or without variation, a special resolution, the full text of which is set forth in the Circular, consolidating the issued and outstanding Veritas Common Shares on the basis of 2 pre-consolidation common shares for one post-consolidation common share; and
- to transact such other business, including amendments to the foregoing, as may properly come before the Meeting or any adjournment or adjournments thereof.
All relevant information will be mailed to shareholders and additional information will be available on the Veritas Pharma website at www.veritaspharmainc.com.
About Veritas Pharma
Veritas Pharma Inc. has developed some intellectual property relating to various cannabis strains. It is the Company’s aim to advance the science behind medical cannabis, by developing the most effective cannabis based treatments for specific disease conditions and acquire income producing assets in the cannabis industry. The Company’s mission is to commercialize its proprietary cannabis products. In addition, Veritas aims to utilize its expertise to enter into mergers and acquisitions with various cannabis industry participants in order to fulfil its aims to enter revenue generation by the end of the second quarter of 2021.
Veritas Pharma Inc. is a publicly traded company in Canada, on the Canadian Stock Exchange under the ticker VRT; in the United States, on the OTC under the ticker VRTHF; and in Germany, on the Frankfurt exchange under the ticker 2VP.
For more information, please visit our website: veritaspharmainc.com
On behalf of the Board of Directors
Interim Chief Executive Officer & CFO
Further information about the Company is available on our website at www.veritaspharmainc.com or under our profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com, and on the CSE website at www.thecse.com.
Investor and Public Relations Contact
The CSE has not reviewed, nor approved or disapproved the content of this press release.